GhostMarket offers three forms of Verification, Artist, Collector and Collection.
GhostMarket strives to provide NFT buyers with confidence in the pieces minted on its site. While we take care to moderate and remove illegal copies or counterfeit NFTs minted or sold on our site, the nature of this sector means that sometimes buyers can buy NFTs that are not authentic.
To provide some security to a buyer we have introduced an Artist Verification process (outlined below), that will give some assurances to those wanting to determine an artist’s authenticity.
Likewise, also available is a Collector Verification, that will provide other users confidence in buying NFTs that are being sold by someone other than the original artist.
We will shortly be adding Collection Verification.
TL:DR - Artist and Collector
Here is the direct link to the form to apply (from the 1st of the month until the 15th of the month)
What is Verification?
GhostMarket Artist and Collector Verification will mean that they have undertaken the steps outlined in the policy which, when authenticated, will provide a ‘blue tick’ next to their GhostMarket User Profile.
What will being verified on GhostMarket give you?
By being verified on GhostMarket, you will be shown on the GhostMarket website in (but not limited to) the following ways:
- With a blue tick next to your user profile name
- You will be displayed (currently in alphabetical order, soon through a more intelligent algorithm) before unverified artists, when someone searches ‘all users’ on our website
Newly minted and current ‘for sale’ NFTs (by whatever method), may be featured on the GhostMarket homepage. This will increase exposure for your work and will provide you with confidence that the NFT quality shown to our website visitors is of a high quality.
Accounts Eligible for Verification*
In order to be considered for verification on GhostMarket you must have achieved at least the following to apply:
- Have an active (fully set up) GhostMarket User Profile, which has been in existence for at least one (1) month
For more information on setting up a user profile please see our Medium article explaining how to do it
- Have a least one social media account attached to your user profile, that has at least 100 followers and has been in existence for at least one (1) month
- You must not previously have been flagged by the GhostMarket Team, as having minted or sold a counterfeit NFT or breached copyright over selling an NFT you did not have the rights too.
Accounts automatically verified
In the following circumstances these types of accounts will automatically be awarded verification (without necessarily having to undertake the above requirements):
1. Artist profiles or collections created by notable (famous) people or organisations and endorsed officially by them (eg: bands, musicians, politicians, organisations, large brands)
2. Accounts with substantial sales activity (of over US$10,000) and verification on other well established NFT marketplaces
3. Accounts that are at high risk of being subject to severe fraud and/or copying infringement, if not verified.
Accounts ineligible for verification
In the following circumstances accounts will be automatically ineligible for verification if;
1. They have previously been flagged and/or banned from GhostMarket (including under a different name) for minting or selling copyrighted material or breached a trademark without the appropriate license
2. Accounts that have engaged in, or have willingly tried to deceive fellow users, whether it be by minting, selling, bidding or in an effort to artificially raise the price of their NFTs
3. If you have violated our ‘Terms of Service’ Policy prior to applying for verification, you will not be eligible.
Loss of Verification
If you are a verified artist, you will immediately lose your verification status if it is determined you have participated in any way to the above ‘ineligible for verification’ circumstances.
GhostMarket reserves the right to rescind verification status at any time, for any reason and without notice. Additionally, should you violate our ‘Terms of Service’ once verified, you may also lose your verification status.
Applications for verification can only be made via the official GhostMarket form. Users will not be granted verification if they DM any of the GhostMarket Team as a backdoor method to verification.
Opening & Closing Date Each Month
Applications will be open from the 1st of the month until 5pm UTC on the 15th of the month.
The GhostMarket Team will aim to assess all applications by the beginning of the next month and announce all new verified artists via Twitter and ‘GM Weekly’ updates.
If you are not granted verification when you apply, you will be ineligible to apply again for a further three (3) months
Meeting all of the verification requirements does not automatically guarantee you will be verified as the GhostMarket Team will have the ultimate jurisdiction on who becomes verified on the platform and when.
Full details of verification qualification can be found in our Medium document located here: https://medium.com/ghostmarket/ghostmarket-verification-process-304bf6a2bedc